Essential Job Functions
Performs manual labor as it relates to the repair and maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment at both the Franklin Park and Stone Zoos. Repair or modification of existing exhibits, and construction of new exhibits in accordance with the instructions provided by the facilities supervisor. Ability to meet maintenance deadlines, work in a team environment as well as work independently with minimum supervision. Must be able to work in indoor and outdoor environments. Must be able to perform physical labor as defined by the projects at hand. Must be able to work weekend days and holidays on a rotating basis. Must be able to comply with ZNE’s essential staff requirements during emergency situations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to complete work orders and preventative maintenance assigned including, but not limited to, Electrical troubleshooting, Carpentry repair, Plumbing troubleshooting, and HVAC.
- Use of power and hand tools to complete repairs
- Making repairs to existing structures and exhibits.
- Perform new construction following building codes.
- Working independently and in team settings.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner to Zoo guests and employees.
- Will require use of operating equipment including but not limited to; pickup trucks, and golf carts.
- Working outside in changing weather conditions.
- Ability to work in electronic web-based work order system and other general computer skills.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 3 years of experience or equivalent.
- Possess basic proficiency in at least three (3) of the following services; carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting, welding, sheetrock, drywall finishing, and managing maintenance repairs.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have valid Massachusetts driver’s license in good standing.
- Ability to work outside in changing weather conditions.
- Must be available and able to respond to on-call situations for 24-hour on-call as scheduled/needed.
- Ability to stand, stoop, walk, and lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.) during the course of the workday.
- Perform all other duties such as snow removal as requested.
- Ability to work at both Franklin Park and Stone Zoo.
- Must comply with ZNE’s TB Test Requirements.
- Must adhere to Zoo New England policies and procedures.
Preferred Job Requirements
- Licensed in one or more trades.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous Work Order Management System Experience.
Zoo New England is an Equal Opportunity Employer by Choice